6 Easy Ways to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Self-confidence is not like a bachelor’s degree. You don’t obtain it once and have it for the rest of your life to display on a resume. It’s a personal, organic process that has ebb and flow along the journey of your life. Healthy self-confidence should come from within. It’s a cultivating of respect for yourself that you need to make a priority to succeed in any aspect of your life. Indeed, boosting your self-confidence gives you more control in any area—your attitude, relationships, even finances and the best part? Healthy self-confidence is free and available to everyone, right now; regardless of your life circumstances.
Let’s explore some easy ways to give your self-confidence a boost. We’ve adapted these suggestions from Zenhabits:
- Take time for good hygiene: This seems like such an obvious one, but it’s amazing how much of a difference a shower and a shave can make in your feelings of self-confidence and for your self-image. Keeping your appearance neat and presentable helps you feel ready to tackle the world. We’re not talking about dropping $500 on a new outfit, just taking personal time to look and feel your best.
- Metaphorically Photoshop your self-image. Take a look in the mirror! Every person has an inherent self-worth and contribution to make, but we often let that mental picture of ourselves get in the way of our confidence. It’s important to remember that the picture we hold of ourselves isn’t fixed and immutable. You can change it. Use your mental Photoshopping skills, and work on your self-image. If it’s not a very good one, change it. Figure out what you’d like to see and then you’re on your way to changing.
- Think positively. Sometimes it seems that our thoughts are coming at us; that we have no choice but to pay attention to anything that crosses our minds. Not so. It’s absolutely possible to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Think of thoughts as clouds crossing the sky (and the sky is your consciousness). You can choose to pay attention to a thought, or let it pass by as you give your attention to something that feels better. It takes practice, so start right now.
- Train the voice in your head. Along the lines of thought, ask “Am I nice to myself?” One of the biggest favors you can do for yourself is start listening to that voice in your head and deliberately turning those thoughts around. Many of the things we say to ourselves like, “I can’t do it” or “That was so stupid” are phrases that we would never say to a friend or child (if so, you’ll want to stop that as well). Start focusing on your strengths and not your limitations (whether they’re real limitations or just ones you’ve allowed to be placed there artificially). Stay with this practice and you’ll see the tide begin to change.
- Act positively. Your first step to getting positive results is to assume that everything is working out for you—and put that into action. Action, actually, is the secret sauce to developing self-confidence. When you move forward with an activity assuming a positive outcome, the odds of your success are amplified tremendously.
- Learn all you can. Knowledge is power. Empower yourself by living the motto, “I’m always learning something new.” Whether it’s doing your own research, reading or listening to audiobooks, or formally taking a course, increasing your knowledge increases your self-confidence.
At Paradigm Life, we know that learning all you can about smart ways to build and grow wealth gives you the self-confidence to make the most important financial decisions in your life. Knowledge gives you tools you need to put a strong financial strategy in place that will allow you to build, access, and maintain your wealth. The cherry on top is being able to pass that self-confidence, knowledge, and wealth to your family.
We invite you to take 2 minutes to sign up for a FREE, extensive eCourse called Infinite 101®. You’ll receive access to video tutorials, articles, and podcasts. It literally costs you nothing to become educated on this ideal financial strategy and start building wealth.
Take advantage of this FREE resource by clicking below.