Yahoo Finance recently came out with an article – The Middle Class in America Is Radically Shrinking. Here Are the Stats to Prove it.
Here are just a few of the stats provided in this article:
• 83 percent of all U.S. stocks are in the hands of 1 percent of the people.
• 61 percent of Americans “always or usually” live paycheck to paycheck, which was up from 49 percent in 2008 and 43 percent in 2007.
• 66 percent of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans.
• 36 percent of Americans say that they don’t contribute anything to retirement savings.
• A staggering 43 percent of Americans have less than $10,000 saved up for retirement.
• 24 percent of American workers say that they have postponed their planned retirement age in the past year.
Today it seems we are slowly straying from the path that has led to true economic prosperity.
Our mentors and leaders have flawed systems and traditional financial planning as well as our political situation are on paths that have never worked. Let’s make the change…